Today's practice, particularly at the beginning, was high-spirited and done at a high tempo...
* During positional drills, as the offensive linemen were doing footwork around cones, Randy Moss ambled over and started shouting, "I like that coach! Get those feet right!" Moss always seems to have something to say with everyone on the field, and draws a lot of laughs.
* Terrence Wheatley had himself a pretty good day, and most of it came at Greg Lewis' expense. He broke up a pass from Matt Gutierrez intended for Lewis in 7-on-7 work, and in 11-on-11 work, he batted down a pass from Kevin O'Connell that was intended for Lewis.
* Conversely, Jonathan Wilhite wasn't as sharp. He was in coverage on two long completions in 11-on-11 work -- a 40-plus-yard strike from Tom Brady to Moss and a deep ball from O'Connell to Lewis.
* Pierre Woods, Brian Hoyer and Rich Ohrnberger all had to run a punishment lap, though it is unclear why; Hoyer and Ohrnberger ran theirs together, so it likely was a fumbled snap.
* Stephen Gostkowki again was strong from longer distances, hitting from 56 and 52 yards during hurry-up work. During some down time, Gostkowski set up a ball on the back line of the end zone a few yards from the goal post with that little doohickey thing that holds the ball (not a tee, the one that holds it at the top) and was trying to hook the ball through the uprights. It took him a few tries, but he did get it, touching off a little celebration between he, Chris Hanson and Tom Malone.